The Department of P.G. Studies and Research in Education is a new Department of Kuvempu University established in the academic year 2004-05. The Department promotes Research and Studies in the field of education. It is situated in the heart of the Shankaraghatta Educational Campus in the ambience of green landscape and natural environment.
The Department was initiated through offering M.Ed., Degree programme under Choice Based Credit Scheme (CBCS). It has also started M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes in Education. The Department has adopted a two year M.Ed. programme from the academic year 2014-15.
“To Create Enlightened Teachers to Enlighten the World”.
1. To empower the students to become global teachers and in-turn to create competent, creative students for nation building.
2. To prepare the students to become wholistic persons with diverse learning experiences and productive thinking in a global society.
3. Transforming the hidden potentialities of the students into realities
1. Imparting professional formalized Education with critical Pedagogy to Students at the P.G. level.
2. Research in the areas of Educational Technology, Educational Psychology and Teacher Education etc.,
3. Seminars and Workshops on various issues in Teacher Education.
4. Public awareness programmes in School Education and Educational Technology.
5. Deputing teachers to National and International Seminars, Workshops for training and updating their knowledge.
6. Inviting experts and other professional for interaction with student and teaching staff members.