List of Members of Syndicate
|28(1)a||Prof. B P Veerabhadrappa||Vice-Chancellor||Chairman|
|18(2)||Prof. Naveen Kumar S K||The Registrar (Evaluation)||Member|
|28(1) b||The Commissioner||The Commissioner for Collegiate Education||Member|
|28(1) c||The Director||Director of Technical Education||Member|
|28(1) d||Prof. Riaz Mahmood||Dean||Member|
|28(1) e||Sri. N R Manjunatha||Lakshmipuram, Mysoru-570004||Member|
|Sri B Niranjana Murthy||Ramakrishna Nagara,Mysoru||Member|
|28(1) f||Principal, DSBG Govt. First Grade College,Mudigere||Member|
|Govt.First Grade College, Shrungeri||Member|
|Govt.First Grade College,Chikkamagaluru||Member|
|Govt.First Grade College,Hosamane,Bhadravathi||Member|
|28(1) i||The Director||Director of Medical Education||Member|
|28(1) j||Commissioner||The Commissioner of Public Instruction||Member|
|28(1) k||The Director||Director of Pre-University Education Dept||Member|
The syndicate shall consist of the following Members, namely
- a. The Vice-Chancellor
- b. The Commissioner for Collegiate Education or his nominee not below the rank of a joint Director
- c. The Director of Technical Education or his nominee not below the rank of a Joint Director
- d. One Dean nominated by the Vice-Chancellor for a period of one year by rotation according to seniority
- e. Two members nominated by the Chancellor from among eminent educationists, of persons from Commerce, Banking, Industry or other professions;
- f. Four Principals of affiliated Colleges nominated by the Vice-Chancellor for a period of one year by rotation in the order of seniority, of which one shall be a woman Principal.
- g. Six persons nominated by the State Government from amongst eminent educationists of whom :-
h. One person who is a Professor of Post-Graduate Studies nominated by the Vice Chancellor with approval of State Government for a period of one year by rotation in the order of seniority.
- i One shall be a person belonging to the Scheduled Castes or the Scheduled Tribes
- ii One person belonging to the other Backward Classes
- iii One Woman
- iv One person belonging to Religious Minorities, and
- v Two others provided that no pers on who is in the employment of an affiliated college or in the University in whatever capacity shall be eligible for nomination.
- i. the Director of Medical Education or his nominee not below the rank of Joint Director;
- j. the Commissioner for Public Instruction or his nominee not below the rank of Joint Director;
- k. the Director of Pre-University Education or his nominee not below the rank of Joint Director;
The Syndicate shall hold atleast eight meetings, during a year. The duration between two consecutive meetings shall not exceed eight weeks. The Vice-Chancellor may in case of urgency convene Special Meetings.
Chancellor or the State Government may by order direct to hold the meetings to discuss such terms of reference as may be specified by them and the Vice-Chancellor shall comply with such directions.
Powers of the Syndicate
The syndicate shall have the power to manage the affairs of the University in particular to administer the funds and properties of the University.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the Syndicate shall have the following powers, namely
- 1. To manage and regulate the finances and all other administrative matters of the University and for the purpose to appoint such as it may deem necessary and proper
- 2. To enter into, vary, carryout and cancel contracts on behalf of the University
- 3. To appoint, subject to the provisions of Section 34 examiners and moderators and if necessary to change or to remove them also to fix their fees, emoluments and traveling and other regulations
- 4. To make arrangements for the conduct of examinations prescribed by the statues, ordinances or regulations
- 5. To receive, acquire, hold, control and administer the properties of the University, both moveable and immovable and to invest the funds of the University Judiciously in appropriate schemes
- 6. To maintain proper accounts of the properties and funds of the University
- 7. To charge and collect fees
Nothing contained in sub-section (2) shall be deemed to confer on the Syndicate, the power to revise the Pay scales of any of the employees or to grant any allowances or emoluments to them