The University Central Computing Facility (UCCF) cell was established on 10th January 2014. The vision of the cell is to provide centralized facility related to computers which includes maintenance of computers, software installation, networking and internet. The cell also maintains salary software, biometric attendance software, website management, e-mail service management and centralized data management of the university. During 2015 the University has started IT Cell to implement and maintain ICT programmes in the university, and affiliated and constituent colleges of the university by using the software provided by Department of Higher Education Council, Government of Karnataka. The cell has successfully implemented and is maintaining and monitoring ICT activities.
To support and maximize efficiency in Academics, Research and Administration through ICT.
To provide value through leadership in the development and delivery of innovative computing and information technology solutions to support the Teaching, Learning, Research and Administrative goals of the university
UCCF and IT Cell is dedicated to providing technology services to the university in support of its academic and research missions. As knowledge and technology continue to become strategic tools in teaching, research, and administration of the university, it is important that knowledge development and technology implementation and support be effective, timely, and cost-efficient.
- To ensure maximum use of need based state-of-the-art of technology.
- To provide a platform for good practices in technology.
- To operate as effective software development center.
- To develop as a technology learning center and to streamline ICT activities.
- To implement a high-speed, reliable networking infrastructure that meets the current and future requirements for teaching, learning, research, and university administration.
- To establish a systems infrastructure in support of providing highly available and secure applications, web site, and data repositories.
- To increase the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative tasks and information retrieval at the university through implementation of technology and improved administrative processes.
- To work in partnership with academic computing and departmental support across campus to create a campus-wide support infrastructure for ICT that will deliver competitive support and services to faculty, staff, and students.
Kuvempu University has taken keen initiative in implementation of ICT applications for its administrative, academic and examination activities as follows
- Maintenance of official web site of the university (www.kuvempu.ac.in)
- Maintenance of university official e-mail Service (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The entire campus network is maintained and managed by UCCF and IT Cell.
- WiFi is established across the campus with 80+ WiFi devices. LAN Points are provided to individual faculty members,class rooms,seminar halls and laboratories.
- Network facility is given to faculty members, staff, students and research scholars.
- Computerization of university Payroll System.
- Management of HRMS software provided by Government of Karnataka (under process).
- Implementation of Examination software provided by Government of Karnataka is under process
- Video and Tele Conference facility with Central, State Government Bodies and all Affiliated, Constituent colleges and Universities.
- Maintenance of ICT activities.
- Management of IP Camera Surveillance System.
training programs and workshops conducted by the cell
1 Training program on updating information in the university official website to the faculty members of the university 10-01-2017
2 One day training program on "Online Affiliation" to the Principals and IT Coordinators of constituent and affiliated colleges and Inauguration of Official Website of the university 30-12-2016
3 Ten days Workshop on "Online Affiliation and Online Attendance" to the IT Coordinators and Superintendents of the constituent and affiliated colleges of the University 08-12-2015 to 17-12-2015
4 Training program on "Student Online Attendance, Office Suite, U-EMIS" to the Faculty members and Guest faculty of the University 03-11-2015
5 One day Training program on "Student Online Admission" to the Principals and IT Coordinators of Constituent and Affiliated colleges of the University 09-10-2015
6 Training program on "Student Online Admission" to the Chairman's, Office Staff of the Departments 05-10-2015