International Students Cell - Admission Procedure
1) The foreign students those who want to seek admission in the University PG Departments/ Constituent Colleges / Affiliated Colleges for UG/ PG/ Ph.D/ Diploma and Certificate Courses have to download the 'Eligibility Assessment' and 'Admission Application Form' from University website.(kuvempu.ac.in) to confirm their eligibility.
2) The foreign students have to pay fee .1000/- or 15 $ for 'Eligibility Assessment' process, in State Bank of India, Jnana Sahyadri Branch (A/C No. 54023036291, IFSC Code SBIN0040759). Payment details have to be mentioned in the 'Eligibility Assessment' and 'Application Form'. Receipt original copy to be enclosed. The foreign students have to submit the duly filled application to the Director International Students' Cell Kuvempu University, Shankaraghatta- 577 451
3) a) The Director, International Students' Cell (ISC) verifies the travel documents and academic records of the candidate and forwards the same to the Deputy Registrar (Academic) for the issue of 'Provisional Permission Letter'. Based on the recommendation/opinion of the Director, ISC, the Academic section issues the 'Provisional Permission Letter' to the candidate and send a copy of the same to the ISC. In case of any ambiguity then the matter shall be placed before an equivalence committee comprising the concerned faculty Dean, School Director and the Dept. Chairman. Based on the recommendation of the committee the final decision will be intimated to the foreign student by the Academic section and the same shall be brought to the notice of ISC.
b) In case of foreign students seeking admission for Ph.D programme the Director, ISC, after verifying the travel documents and academic records forwards the same to the Deputy Registrar (Academic) to get the opinion of the concerned equivalence committee.
Further, the Academic section shall also get the opinion of the concerned Dept. Chairman about the vacancy position for Ph.D under a recognized guide in the Dept. Based on the recommendation of the committee and the consent letter from a recognized guide the Academic section issues the 'Provisional Permission Letter' to the foreign student and send a copy of the same to ISC.
4) In both the cases related to section (3) (a) and (b), if the candidate is eligible the Academic section directs the candidate to pay the following fee:
i) Ph.D / P.G / UG / Diploma / Certificate course: Rs. 7000/- or $ 104.
After the confirmation of fee payment by the candidate the Academic section shall issue the 'Provisional Permission Letter to the candidate.
If the candidate is not-eligible the same shall be intimated to him/her by issuing a letter by the Academic section and the same shall be brought to the notice of ISC.
5) After procuring the 'Provisional Permission Letter' the foreign student/ research scholar shall approach the Indian Embassy of their country for Student Visa / Research Visa.
6) On the arrival to India the foreign student/ research scholar shall first report to the ISC and later approach the concerned PG Dept. / College and complete the admission formalities for the intended course and pay the following fee.
|SI. No.||Course(s)||Eligibility Assessment Fee||Provisional Affiliation Certificate Fee||Admission/ Provisional Registration Fee||Remarks|
|1||UG / Diploma/Certificate Courses||1000/- or $14||7,000/- or $ 94||10,000/- or $134||Per year for UG|
|2||PG / Diploma Courses||1000/- or $ 14||7,000/- or $ 94||40,000/- or $ 534||Per year for PG|
|3||Ph.D||1200/- or $ 16||5,000/- or $ 67||20,000/- or $ 267||-|
|4||Post Doctoral||1200/- or $ 16||5,000/- or $ 67||10,000/- or $ 134||-|
The prescribed fees to be paid to University A/c (SBI, Janana Sahyadri, Branch).
7) After the admission process is complete the foreign student/ research scholar should take a 'Study Certificate' from the concerned PG Dept. / College and request the ISC for online registration to the FRRO and procure 'Form S' and 'Bonafide certificate'.
These documents are necessary for getting 'Stay Visa' or 'Residential Permit' from the FRRO, Dept. of Police. If the student avails the hostel facility then he/she shall also procure a 'Form C' form ISC. After getting the 'Residential permit' the student shall submit a copy of the same to ISC.
8) The Students' Supportive Service Centre, Kuvempu University will conduct 'Functional English' training programme for non English medium Foreign Students after admission.
9) Awareness Programme 'Law of the land' will be organised for foreign students by the Director International Students' Cell in association with Police department.
a) Foreign Students' Eligibility Assessment Form
b) Foreign Students Admission Application Form