Activities of SC/ST Cell
The SC/ST Cell was established in the University to co-ordinate with the university authorities in the implementation of the various policies and programmes launched by the Central Government, MHRD, UGC and State Government for the benefit of the SC/ST students.
- The Cell undertakes the activities to develop awareness among the SC/ST students, especially from the rural areas.
- The SC/ST Cell is giving wide publicity through circulars to all the faculties and informs the students about the various scholarships; namely, Post-Metric Scholarship, Karnataka Higher Education Special Scholarship, Single Girl Child Scholarship, Meritorious Scholarship, P.G. Women Scholarship, Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship, P.G. Scholarship for professional courses, ICMR, CSIR, ICSSR and other Scholarships, and fellowships.
- The Cell takes due care in establishing the Book Bank and Book Grants for the SC/ST students of the University. The Cell also advices the students to utilize the facilities of the Book Bank and to borrow books depending on availability.
- The University is providing statistical information periodically and promptly on all aspects to the Government of India and the State Government.
- The Cell concentrates on accommodation of men and women students in hostels.
- The SC/ST Cell has taken up the problems of the SC/ST students with the university authorities and have solved some of them amicably.