Department of PG Studies and Research in Journalism and Mass Communication
The Post Graduate Department of Journalism and Mass Communication offers a two-year MA and Ph.D programmes on regular basis and One Year PG Diploma in Kannada Journalism through Distance Education mode.
Apart from a syllabus that spans across all theoretical and practical aspects of the discipline, the department conducts special lectures, workshops and seminars inviting communication scholars and media experts to assure academic excellence. Internship with media organizations is an integral part of the programme. Department publishes ‘Sahyadri Times’ a daily laboratory newspaper. The Department has a modern television studio . Students broadcast news packages in 'Sahyadri TV' youtube Channel.
To become a center of excellence for teaching, training, and research in mass media to provide high quality value-based education to all through various modes to meet global challenges.
Mission & Goals
- To foster creativity in teaching, learning and research for building knowledge base and promoting quality initiatives
- To provide access to education to all sections of the society
- To develop human resources needed in media organizations.
- Print Media lab for publication of a daily practice journal
- Television studio for practical training in television and radio production
- An Archive of Newspapers and Magazines.